S21, LA MACHINE DE MORT KHMERE ROUGE
SynopsisFor several years now Cambodian society has been stirred up by the possibility that those responsible for the Khmer Rouge genocide could be brought to trial. This is the context in which film-maker Rithy Panh has undertaken a film project based on confronting the memories of victims who managed to escape with those of their former torturers.
For more than two years he has conducted an investigation to find the people involved, and to persuade them to meet at Tuol Sleng, the torture centre in Phnom Penh where, 25 years ago, some of them were plunged into horrifying everyday reality, and others served the machinery of programmed dehumanisation and extermination.
By comparing their testimony, the everyday workings of Tuol Sleng will be reconstituted.
But above all, if the film allows words
The Official Selection 2003
Out of Competition
- CHARLIE : THE LIFE AND ART OF CHARLES CHAPLIN
- CLAUDE SAUTET OU LA MAGIE INVISIBLE
- EASY RIDERS, RAGING BULLS
- FANFAN LA TULIPE
- GHOSTS OF THE ABYSS
- IL GRIDO D'ANGOSCIA DELL'UCCELLO PREDATORE 20 TAGLI D'APRILE
- LE DOMAINE
- LE TEMPS DU LOUP
- LES MARCHES, ETC. (UNE COMEDIE MUSICALE)
- LES TRIPLETTES DE BELLEVILLE
- LESTER JAMES PERIES, CINEASTE D'UN AUTRE TEMPS
- MODERN TIMES
- QUI A TUÉ BAMBI ?
- S21, LA MACHINE DE MORT KHMÈRE ROUGE
- THE FOG OF WAR
- THE LAST CUSTOMER
- THE MATRIX RELOADED
- THE SOUL OF A MAN
- VAI E VEM