The Official Selection consists of about twenty features in Competition, about twenty films selected at Un Certain Regard, films Out of Competition or in Special screenings, a programme of shorts in Competition and the school films of the Cinéfondation.
- In Competition: each year, about twenty features are selected to be in Competition and in the running for the Palme d'Or. They make up the main part of the Official Selection which is screened at the Grand Theatre Lumière.
- Un Certain Regard: the Official Selection "Un Certain Regard" screens some twenty features hailing from cinematic cultures near and far – by young filmmakers and seasoned masters alike.
- Out of Competiton: these films, screened in the Grand Théâtre Lumière, are not competing for the Palme d'Or.
- Special screenings: the selection committee has chosen for these films an environment specially adapted to their particular identity.
- Cinéfondation: created in 1998 and dedicated to the search for new filmmaking talent, the Cinéfondation presents about fifteen shorts and medium-length motion pictures from film schools the world over.
- Short films: each year, about fifteen international shorts compete for the short film Palme d'Or.
Print or send by email
All the trailers of the Selection 2013