|Article 4 |
The selection of the Atelier is open to all countries and projects respecting the international mission of the Festival de Cannes. It takes place in three stages:
a) Examination of projects
The projects must respond to the following criteria:
- the director must have already made one or several films (short, medium-length or feature),
- the script of the project must be completed,
- the project must have a producer and initial financing,
- the date of shoot must be stipulated.
b) Preselection of projects
At this stage, the producer and director must supply at the request of the Atelier:
- the script in French or English,
- the film(s) already made (short, medium-length or feature),
- the director's filmography,
- the producer's C.V.,
- the projected budget,
- the financial plan, specifying all already acquired financing.
c) Selection of projects
The decision shall take into account the artistic quality of the project, the works already made, and the producer's commitment to the project's making.
The selection of the Atelier shall be announced on the website of the Cinéfondation (www.cinefondation.com) and on Cinando.com (www.cinando.com) by the end of March at the latest.