MediaInvest is in fact the first ever equity investment instrument to bridge the financial gap in the audiovisual sector by stimulating more investment into audiovisual production and distribution companies in need. Concretely, it aims at raising EUR 400 Million of total investments for the period 2022-2027. The conference will be of particular interest to fund managers and investors willing to enter this sector with a financial investment perspective, as well as production and distribution companies eager to boost their financial capacities through equity investment.
Opening speech by Commissioner for the Internal Market, Thierry Breton
Scene setter by Laurent Braun, Head of Business Development at the European Investment Fund, titled MediaInvest: The Opportunities it offers.
Panel 1 - Make your pitch: why to invest into audiovisual
- Jan Mojto, CEO, Beta Film
- Oscar Farres, Head of Digital Economy - Venture Capital, European Investment Fund
- Tanu-Matti Tuominen, Co-founder and Partner, IPR VC
Panel 2 - IP exploitation as a key element for more diversified investment strategies
- Karin Annell, Head of Commercial Business and International Affairs, Wildside
- Alexandra Lebret, Managing Director, European Producers Club
- Rain Rannu, Venture capital investor, film director and producer, Tallifornia
The Way Forward by Laurence Farreng, Member of the European Parliament.
Closing remarks by Giuseppe Abbamonte, Director of Media Policy at the Commission.
Free entrance with accreditation from 14: 30 to 16: 30 in the Press Conference Room, Palais des Festival, and live streaming.