MAY 2021: 7 FILMS TO BE RELEASED
- ADN (DNA), Maïwenn’s family autofiction distributed by Le Pacte, with Maïwenn, Fanny Ardant and Louis Garrel.
- Thomas Vinterberg’s multi-award-winning DRUK (Another Round), distributed by Haut et Court, with Mads Mikkelsen.
- GARÇON CHIFFON (My Best Part), Nicolas Maury steps behind the camera for his directorial debut, distributed by Les Films du Losange, with Nicolas Maury, Nathalie Baye and Laure Calamy.
- JOSEP, directed by Aurel, the portrait of a Catalan illustrator living as a refugee in France during the Spanish Civil War, winner of the César 2021 for best animated film and distributed by Sophie Dulac Distribution.
- FALLING, Viggo Mortensen’s very intimate first film as a director, distributed by Metropolitan Filmexport, with Viggo Mortensen and Lance Henriksen.
- SLALOM, the first film from Charlène Favier which deals with the heavy subject of sexual abuse in the world of sport, distributed by JOUR2FÊTE, with Noée Abita and Jérémie Renier.
- The Armenian director, Nora Martirosyan, takes us on a journey to discover the region of Nagorno-Karabakh and its political tensions in Si le vent tombe (Should the Wind Drop), distributed by Arizona Distribution, starring Grégoire Colin.
JUNE 2021: 12 films to be released
- DES HOMMES (Home Front), the story of the Algerian War by Lucas Belvaux, distributed by AD VITAM, with Gérard Depardieu, Catherine Frot and Jean-Pierre Darroussin.
- LE DISCOURS (The Speech), Laurent Tirard’s comedy and adaptation of the Fabrice Caro novel, distributed by Le Pacte, with Benjamin Lavernhe, François Morel and Sara Giraudeau.
- EL OLVIDO QUE SEREMOS (Forgotten We’ll Be), social engagement according to Héctor Abad Gómez, adapted for the silver screen by director Fernando Trueba and distributed by Film Factory Entertainment, with Javier Cámara.
- VAURIEN (Rascal), Peter Dourountzis’ social thriller, distributed by Rezo Film, with Pierre Deladonchamps and Ophélie Bau.
- LES DEUX ALFRED (French Tech), Bruno Podalydès’ high-tech comedy, distributed by UGC Distribution, with Bruno Podalydès, Denis Podalydès and Sandrine Kiberlain.
- MÉDECIN DE NUIT (The Night Doctor), the dark road movie from Elie Wajeman, distributed by Diaphana Distribution, with Vincent Macaigne, Sara Giraudeau and Pio Marmaï.
- SEIZE PRINTEMPS (Spring Blossom), the promising first film from the young Suzanne Lindon, distributed by Paname Distribution, with Suzanne Lindon and Arnaud Valois.
- GAGARINE (Gagarin), a story of the outskirts of Paris told by Fanny Liatard and Jérémy Trouilh, a film distributed by Haut et Court with Alséni Bathily and Lyna Khoudri.
- IBRAHIM, Samir Guesmi’s directorial debut which received acclaim at the Premiers Plans Festival in Angers and the Angoulème Francophone Film Festival, distributed by Wild Bunch International, with Abdel Bendaher, Samir Guesmi and Luàna Bajrami.
- FEBRUARY, the first film from Kamen Kalev to be included in the Cannes Selection, distributed by Memento Films International, with Lachezar Dimitrov.
- The surprising TEDDY by the Boukherma brothers, is somewhere between a horror film and a social-naturalist exploration distributed by The Jokers Film, with Anthony Bajon and Noémie Lvovsky.
JULY 2021: 4 films to be released
- AYA TO MAJO (Earwig and the Witch) by Gorô Miyazaki is distributed by Wild Bunch. This animated Japanese film signals a turning point for well-known Studio Ghibli with their first ever 3D digitally animated illustration.
- Pascal Plante’s NADIA, BUTTERFLY addresses an often overlooked topic, the retirement of professional athletes, and is distributed by Les Alchimistes, with Katerine Savard.
- ASA GA KURU (True Mothers) is a poignant story of adoption by Naomi Kawase, distributed by Haut et Court, with Hiromi Nagasaku and Arata Iura.
- THE TRUFFLE HUNTERS by Michael Dweck and Gregory Kershaw and distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing. This documentary film follows the quest for the rare white Alba truffle by a group of octogenarians and their dogs in the Piedmont forests.