The Festival de Cannes is reserved to film industry professionals. Every participant must be granted accreditation to take part in the Festival. Professional accreditations are granted by professional category.
- Journalists, the Press Accreditation guidelines are available on our Press Area
- Find out more about the Marché Badge on the Marché du Film Website
- The "Trois jours à Cannes / Three days in Cannes" Pass, reserved for cinema lovers aged between 18 and 28! (more info below)
Environmental contribution (new)
In 2021, registering for the Festival de Cannes requires payment of a €20 (excl. tax) environmental contribution per participant that aims to offset carbon emissions generated by accredited attendees’ travel to and accommodation in Cannes. The collected sums will then be donated in full to carbon offset programmes. This offsetting measure is part of the Festival de Cannes’ new environmental policy.
Consult the registration procedure by category
|Film professionals' accreditation||CINEPHILES ACCREDITATION||Accreditation for "Three Days in Cannes"|
Film professionals' accreditation
WHO CAN REQUEST ACCREDITATION?
The Festival de Cannes is exclusively reserved to film industry professionals.
It is not necessary to register with the Festival if you make your request through the Marché du Film, as the Market badge includes all Festival participation rights and access to screenings (www.marchedufilm.com/en/accreditations).
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF OUR ACCREDITATION PROCESS?
Festival accreditation is required to gain access to the Palais des Festivals and the Marché du Film. This accreditation gives you access to the screenings according to the conditions set out on your online account, once your request has been validated.
HOW TO REGISTER?
Through your personal account, you will be able to register online, attach the requested documents justifying your experience in your professional field, and follow the evolution of your accreditation request.
FILM PROFESSIONAL CLASSIFICATION
The Festival de Cannes is exclusively reserved to professionals of the film industry. If you do not belong to one of the professional categories listed below, your request may not be taken into consideration.
- Actor / Actress
- Artistic Agency
- Author, Director, Writer
- Book Publisher and Agent
- Buyer’s Rep*
- Cinema Owner and Manager
- Civil Service, Embassy, Administration and State Institution
- Communication, Publicity and Marketing
- Cultural Organization (Art Center, Museum, Multimedia Library …)
- Film Commission
- Film Festival
- Film Financier*
- Film Library, Archive and Film Restoration
- Film Rights*
- Film School and their students
- Film Technician
- Guild and Professional Association
- Interactive & New Media
- Music (Composer, Singer-Songwriter, Music Publisher and Producer)
- Organization of Film Promotion and Film Events
- Press-Media: except Journalists
- Public Relations
- Sales Agent*
- Technical Industries
- Television Broadcast*
- Training/ Coaching
- VOD Platform*
*If you apply with one of these professional categories, you have to submit your accreditation
through the Marché du Film’ Registration Department.
The Festival de Cannes is also open to film enthusiasts and educational groups, within the limits of availability through the "Cannes Cinéphiles" programme. “Cannes Cinéphiles” accreditations give access to the films of the Official Selection, Semaine de la Critique and Quinzaine des Réalisateurs in some Cannes’ theatres. These accreditations do not give access to the professional areas, Palais des Festivals included, which are reserved for professionals of the film industry only.
HOW TO PROCEED?
Please visit our accreditation portal online in order to submit your “Cannes Cinéphiles” accreditation’ request, attach the required documents listed below, and follow-up on your request’ status:
- School groups:
For each student: a certificate of school attendance for the ongoing year.
For the administration: an official document justifying your position and a motivation letter explaining your school project related to the “Cannes Cinéphiles” program.
For all: ID card / passport (both sides)
- Film students: motivation letter, an official document mentioning your studies for this year and your ID card / passport (both sides).
- Cultural or Film club associations: motivation letter, photocopy of your film association’s membership card for the ongoing year, ID card / passport (both sides).
- Member of a cinema club: motivation letter and the membership card for the ongoing year, ID card / passport (both sides).
Accreditation for "Three Days in Cannes"
The Festival de Cannes offers film buffs aged 18 to 28 the opportunity to take part in the 2020 event and to discover the films in the Official Selection as part of the 'Three days in Cannes" programme.
WHY IS ACCREDITATION NECESSARY?
Accreditation for "Three Days in Cannes" gives you access to the Official Selection (Competition, Out of Competition, Special Screenings, Un Certain Regard, Cannes Classics, Cinéma de la Plage) and to the Palais des Festivals, as well as a dedicated programme at Les Arcades cinemas for the final three days.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR ACCREDITATION?
To apply for accreditation for "Three Days in Cannes", you must:
• be aged between 18 and 28
• be passionate about film
Applications must be submitted online via the accreditation portal (no applications will be processed by telephone).
Documents to be provided with the application form:
• ID document (both sides) or passport;
• ID photo;
• A letter of motivation;
Once the accreditation request has been accepted, you will be sent an email (no answer will be given by phone).
Named badges with a photo ID and the programme of dedicated sessions can be collected from the Accreditation Office of the Palais des Festivals.
Festival de Cannes
5, rue Charlot F-75003 Paris
Tel : +33 (0)1 53 59 61 00